Visit Solomon Schechter Academy
and our Amiel Early Childhood Centre.
A Message from our Head of School
Meet an SSA Family: The Lapkovskys
As an inclusive school, Solomon Schechter Academy welcomes students from the entire Montreal Jewish community and abroad. Our admissions process requires you to submit the following documents in your digital application form:
- Your child’s original birth certificate showing names of both parents.
- A copy of both parents’ passports.
- Proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, etc).
- To register for our English section, a copy of an eligible parent’s Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Education, or a copy of an eligible parent’s birth certificate.
- A $250 fee (comprising a $50 non-refundable application fee, and a $200 refundable registration fee), paid via Paypal.
- A copy of the child’s most recent report card, if applying for Grades 1-6.
Following your application submission, we will contact you to schedule a visit or a meeting.
Priority for admission into Kindergarten is given to students of our own Pre-Kindergarten students. This is followed by students who are siblings of our current students, and children of graduates.
Solomon Schechter Academy also accepts transfer students into Grades 1-6 following a review of report cards and other supporting documents, as well as a favourable evaluation by our department heads.
For more information, please contact our Coordinator of Admissions and Development, Jessica Lento, at 514-485-0866 x 519.
Solomon Schechter Academy is a part of the 65 Solomon Schechter Schools in North America. To be admitted to the Academy, students must meet the religious criteria established by either the Orthodox Movement, Conservative Movement, Reconstructionist Movement or Reform Movement, and the school’s Board of Directors. While the history of the school is based in the Jewish Conservative Movement, we admit Jewish students regardless of their religious affiliation.
Junior Pre-K & Pre-K: $6,795
Grades 1-6: $11,660 (*2020-2021 fee)
Flex-Able Affordability Program